Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Hip Hop Teeny Boppers going Preppy?



I remember when I was 8 years old and my uncle used to collect Word Up magazines, post his favorite artist on the wall, and wear the freshest Addias gear money could buy. Outside the "gang" would get together and break-dance on cardboard to the song "Planet Rock". Three years prior to now, I felt like I was seven  all over again when I started seeing teeny boppers rocking multiple-color kicks, skinny jeans, link chains, door knockers, high top fads, Gumbi, and expressive tees. The movement was strong but what I learn as being a teenager is when everybody got it; it called “played out”.

Lately I notice girls looking fresh in fitted Limited Edition Ralph Lauren polo’s, fitted skinny jeans, colorful loafers, Chuck Taylors, or sandals to bang it out. What a better time considering Nikki Minaj got women changing their hair colors (going out of style as we speak).  On the other hand, the fellas are wearing fresh button ups, polo’s, and fitted plain white tees, with loafers, moccasins or a clean pair of chucks to close the deal. Teenagers are getting their grown woman or grown man on and it a look that will continue into the new school year. Pop your collar!

No comments:

Post a Comment